Waffles

elizabethshomemadecooking.blogspot.com

Para versão Portuguesa clique aqui: Waffles

These waffles are soooo good!! I don’t even need the chocolate syrup or ice-cream, I can have them just like that! But of course if there’s chocolate syrup in the house who am I to deny myself such a treat… right? Also what I like is they’re really easy to make. This recipe makes quite a few, around 10 but it all depends on the size of your waffle machine. Anyway when we manage to have a few leftover, I just freeze them and that way I always have waffles on hand. To thaw them I put some chocolate syrup over it (yeah, here I go again with the chocolate syrup!) and place it in the microwave for around 30-40 seconds. It comes out thawed and warm and so does the syrup. Then I just spoon some ice-cream over it and I’m good to go! You can also pop them into the toaster for a couple of minutes.
Try out my recipe and then get back to me, I’d love to know how it turned out.

elizabethshomemaderecipes.blogspot.com


1 ¾ cups/210g flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
3 eggs separated
1 ½ cups/350ml milk
6 tbsp/90g butter, melted

Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl. In another bowl mix the egg yolks along with the milk and add the butter. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and combine gently. The batter will still have a few lumps. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold quickly into the batter until just barely blended. Heat the waffle iron until the indicator shows it is ready to use. 


Put the batter into a jug, then pour enough batter onto the bottom plate to cover about ⅔ of the surface. Close the lid and cook for about 3 minutes. The waffle will be ready when steam stops coming from the sides and the top will lift off easily.

Serve with chocolate syrup (get my recipe here), maple syrup and/or ice-cream or any other topping of your choice. Enjoy!

www.elizabethshomemaderecipes.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment